Wednesday, February 15, 2012

February 15, 2012

102_1067

Dream, my little love.

Dream of trains that talk

of bears that eat honey and sing songs

of blue puppies, of paw prints

of every precious thing a childhood can hold.

Laugh, my little love.

Toss aside the standards of the world

for they matter so little – your world is your own…

Your happiness is the purest expression of joy that I have ever known.

Rest, my little love.

You are safe here.

You are my baby, born into a world that would not understand,

entrusted to me

for always.

We love you with depth unimaginable.

We protect you with every fiber of our being.

We celebrate you today, the day you arrived

and changed our lives for good,

for not-always-so-good,

forever.

2 comments:

Jim said...

That brought a tear to my eye, something that does not happen so easily. A beautiful tribute to Stephen, who deserves nothing less.

Anonymous said...

beautiful!!!!!!